100 things about me

on Thursday, July 2, 2009

1. I have 3 wonderful nephews and 1 awesome niece.
2. I am the oldest of three children.
3. My parents are still married (41+ yrs), my grandparents were married until my grandfathers died.
4. I lost my first grandparent when I was almost 31 years old.
5. I am the oldest grandchild on both sides, both my parents are the oldest in their families.
6. I am a Disney fan.
7. An ex-boyfriend's grandfather worked with Walt Disney. I have several ways to get to Walt Disney with only one person between me and him.
8. I have been married for a year (June 2008)
9. I got married at Walt Disney World, the wedding was added to a planned family vacation.
10. This May (2009) we went on our honeymoon, two weeks at Walt Disney World.
11. For one year, I had Annual Passports to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World (WDW APs were given to us as part of the wedding package.)
12. Husband has learned to love Disney (last time he had been at Disney (before me) was in high school) ... he was the one that suggested we go to Disney World for the honeymoon.
13. I am a natural redhead ... actually strawberry blonde.
14. I am a geek/nerd.
15. I love books.
16. My favorite flowers are tulips, hydrangeas, magnolias and calla lilies.
17. I just started a garden on our balcony. Love the Topsy-Turvy planters.
18. 18 is my favorite number.
19. I am tech support for my family.
20. I like shopping for books, gadgets. I hate shopping for girly things like clothes.
21. I am older than I look.
22. I love wine. I have a wine cellar (a friend said, the size of my collection qualifies for cellar status.)
23. I am now proud of being from the South.
24. I have lived in California for 12 years.
25. I am educated ... and have thought about going back to get a doctorate.
26. I went to Divinity School and toyed with the idea of being a minister.
27. I am analytical.
28. Some people might call it selfish, but I consider it taking care of me. Which I need to learn to do better.
29. I love to cook.
30. Depending on my mood, my favorite colors are purple, green and cobalt blue. But since the spring it has been consistently purple .... which makes me think of love and a beautiful girl.
31. My favorite place is Isle of Palms. (I know, family is surprised that I don't say Disney or wine country.)
32. I love classic movies.
33. My favorite movies are Sabrina, Pollyanna, Some Like it Hot, Philadelphia Story, Adam's Rib ....
34. I identify with Mulan of Disney Fame.
35. I love listening to Showtunes.
36. I am very glad that my sister introduced me to Harry Potter.
37. I stood in line at midnight to get the last 3 Harry Potter books. Yes, my family would race to see who would finish the book first.
38. Sometimes, I still don't believe that Vandy beat UT at Tennessee and that we went to a bowl game last year.
39. My freshman year at college, I lived on the same hall that my mother did.
40. Dunkin' Donuts is not a code word for fooling around.
41. The first shot I did made me think of communion. It smelled like grape juice.
42. I didn't like to drink until I discovered wine in 1998 at Disneyland. (Club 33)
43. The only time my hair gets blown dry is when it gets cut, once every 8-10 months.
44. I am only called Auntie by my goddaughter and 'godson'. I am called 'My Tracy', 'Our Tracy' by my niece and nephews.
45. If possible, I would do anything for my niece and nephews.
46. I HATE bananas.
47. I love Chicken Minis.
48. My creative side comes out when I am taking photos.
49. This is harder than I thought, and I didn't think it would be easy.
50. My friends mean the world to me. They become a part of the family. I would do anything for them.
51. My sister is now my best friend. Growing up this was not the case. Same for brother.
52. No matter how bad my day is, the niece and nephews are able to rescue the day. The youngest singing to me just makes my day.
53. I make a wonderful chocolate pie, thanks Grandma.
54. I am trying to get my brother to write on this blog also ... he will be very entertaining. If not, maybe I will have a day of brother's Facebook status.
55. My voice is not on my voice mail, my brother has a weekly movie quiz on it.
56. I don't like beer.
57. I don't like to have my picture taken.
58. I am doing EA Active on the Wii.
59. I will probably proofread this at least ten times.
60. I don't wear make-up.
61. I don't go out in the sun a lot.
62. I wore 70+ sunscreen when in Florida. My husband didn't have to wear any. I told you I was a natural redhead.
63. I haven't been to Mexico.
64. I have only been out of the country for 20 days, right out of high school.
65. On the way to Paris, I told my cohorts, that i wanted it to rain my first day there. Didn't know why, just knew it should. It did. When I got home and watched Sabrina, I realized why.
66. I would have gotten married in my PJs, if my friends, mother and husband would have let me.
67. Our wedding portraits were taken in Fantasyland.
68. There is no doubt I am my mother's daughter. I used to tease her about her inability to not buy cookbooks. Now my cookbook collection is catching up.
69. I am a redhead with brown eyes. I am very rare. I didn't realize until 5 years ago that was that rare.
70. My ex-boyfriend's father would gave me colored contracts. Apparently, he thought I should have green eyes.
71. I also like the number 71.
72. I used to collect Disney watches until I got my grandfather's watch.
73. I want to collect Noddy books. I don't know what my uncle has done with the ones that were at my grandmother's house.
74. I play the glad game.
75. My can't miss shows. Doctor Who, Torchwood, Heroes.
76. I sleep better in a cold room.
77. I fall asleep faster with the TV on, preferably with a classic movie, or sitcom that I have seen before (Fraiser works best). Worst case I bring out the Sabrina DVD.
78. I would love to live in an old house, as long as it had a great kitchen.
79. I have a photo of my grandfather and Winston Churchill. My grandfather has the biggest smile. Granted it is the back of Churchill.
80. My other grandfather had dinner with Ronald Reagan, when he was the GE spokesman. There is a newspaper photo of this.
81. I shook Ronald Reagan's hand while he was on the campaign trail.
82. Jay Leno tried to get people to laugh at me, it back fired.
83. One of my favorite artists is Erte.
84. I was a band geek in high school.
85. I can deal with hurricanes better than earthquakes.
86. My wedding dress was $99.
87. I am working at being healthy and losing weight.
88. Any purse/bag I carry must be able to hold a book.
89. I was a vegetarian for 3 years. Until I realized my body was craving meat.
90. I love my steak to be rare.
91. I miss my grandfathers.
92. I wish I lived closer to my family.
93. I am spiritual not religious. It is hard for me to go to church without grading the sermon.
94. I am really good (freakishly good) with dates, but I never can remember the day my uncle died.
95. I am a perfectionist.
96. I am a Mac.
97. I don't have a Southern Accent, it can come occasionally when mad or tired.
98. I am loyal to Disney, even though the family does like Warner Brothers.
99. I drive a hybrid.
100. Back the beginning ... I am amazed by the intelligence of my niece and nephews.

1 comments:

Nancy Deprez said...

I love this list! I enjoyed learning even more about you. And that we have some things in common (no blow drying of hair, no make-up). You're awesome! :)

Post a Comment